A penguin who was previously made a Colonel-in-Chief of the Norwegian Army has been knighted at Edinburgh Zoo.
Penguin Nils Olav has been an honorary member and mascot of the Norwegian King’s Guard since 1972.
Over the years, he has been promoted through the ranks after being adopted by Royal Guard who visited the zoo.
During the ceremony, Nils had a sword dubbed on each side of his head, where his shoulders should be, to confirm his regimental knighthood.
The proud penguin was on his best behavior throughout most of the ceremony, but shortly before the ritual was concluded and possibly suffering a bout of nerves he was seen to deposit a discreet white puddle on the ground.
Sir Nils Olav the penguin.
Sir Nils Olav. Living the dream.
I salute you, Sir Nils.
Same. I only care about George
You are not the only one. I only care about George and what Catherine is wearing, tbh.
If you didn’t receive an ask like this “Hey! The RFFW is going to happen from May 4 to May 10. Are you still up to be a judge ?" or like this "Hey! The RFFW is going to happen from May 4 to May 10. Are you still up to be a designer ?" SEND ME A MESSAGE IMMIDIATELY or you will be out of the project! I’ll be waiting for comfirmations until Wednesday.
POLL RESULT:Our poll is officially over and the week has finally been decided.Thanks to your votes, the Royal Fandom Fashion Week will be happening from May 4 (Sunday) to May 10 (Saturday).We’ll be sending to all our judges and designers an ask to confirm if you’re able or not to participate of it. If you don’t receive it then message us.NOTE: Let me remind you all I deleted the judges and designers lists by accident so if you applied to be one of them, please, check the lists to see if you’re there. If not, let us know and we’ll be adding you again.After everybody’s confirmation, we’ll posting a calendar with names and hours.THE WINNERS AWARDS:By the end of the RFFW the judges are going to send us:
- their TOP 03 Favorite Designers.
- their TOP 10 Favorite Outfits.
- their TOP 05 Favorite Outfits from the Royal Ascot Collection.
- their TOP 05 Favorite Outfits from the Gala Dinner Collection.
- their TOP 05 Favorite Outfits from the Wedding Dress Collection.The person nominated as “Favorite Designer” will receive the title of “Master of Fandom Fashion” and a place in this new independent order we’re creating. It’s called “Order of Fashionistas” and other categories #1 will also receive a place in it.We’ll be creating a page this week with all informations regarding this order, including another awards you guys will be receiving.I’m horrible tryin’ to explain things (specially in English) so if you have any doubts talk to me. I’m answering you all privately but I’ll print the important questions and posting them on the blog.